Sunday, March 23, 2008

Fresh tracks

Rolled some nice fresh tracks in State Cawledge powder today. Not tele, not downhill, no XC. A damn fine 5 hours on the new Cannondale F1 29er. The bike is absolutely awesome. Very light front end, predictable tracking and wicked quick in singletrack.
Back to the fresh tracks. We did a lot of dirt road climbing and descending today. Actually almost all dirt road snow stuff. There were three really cool trails that we hit. Totally fresh snow, first tacks stuff. Going through the trees and hitting the lowhanging snow covered branches was awesome. Feeling the cold of the powder hit your face was so refreshing. I must have had the biggest smile riding that singletrack. Sooooo fun.
Later in the eve was the VisitPA.com team meeting and dinner at the home of our gracious hosts, the Schempfs. A wonderful spinach lasagna and killer desert with good company in an awesome 1810 farmhouse. That is what a day should be like. Thanks to all, especially the Leech's who have been so generous in allowing me to spend a long weekend, over a holiday no less.
The riding these past two days further engrains in my mind just how fun it is to ride a bike. The sheer joy, pleasure, feeling of accomplishment that can be achieved by something as simple as riding a bike is incredible. So tomorrow I am on tap for four more hours of joy on the roads of Central PA. Good fun. All for a weekend in VT in July.
In your heart you know, the juice is worth the squeeze. That's what moral fiber is all about.
Yes, I am watching The Girl Next Door.
That is what it is though. Taking the things you are the most passionate about and putting them/that person in front of everything else. Having the strength, courage and guts to commit to someone/thing and go out on a limb and say "this is what I want."
I know what I want, I know what I feel. I know what I am willing to do to meet those ends.
The juice is definitely worth the squeeze.

2 comments:

Your Friendly Neighborhood HR Dude said...

you know I've watched that movie 5 times now. largely because Eliza Cuthbert is insanely hot in that movie. I have said the key phrasese from the movie a number of times, and I have enjoyed it, again mostly because of Cuthbert, but you know, the truth is that movie is awfully long, and really drug out. It could have ended 45 minutes earlier and been fine. Funny, I watched it last night too.

Zach said...

me three. small world on the cable thingy mo bobber with a screen.