Sunday, March 09, 2008

Happy day

BLACK CROWES and DAVE MATTHEWS BAND JUNE 27th at HERSHEYPARK. Oh yeah, you can better believe i will be rockin that one out.
Felt good to blow off the Derby & Circlefest in favor of riding with the Adams family. No need to battle 20mph winds and sub freezing on the road yet again. Went to Stoney Creek rail trail for what is essentially a boring out and back. Thing is, good company makes for a good ride. I enjoy riding with Ray & Nancy. Good times. I showed them the Rausch gap cemetary. That was pretty cool. Rausch Gap used to be a prominent railroad community in the 1800's. There is a very small cemetary with three headstones from 1854, 51 and 51 respectively. The engraving is still readable. Someone chalked the engraving to enhance it's readability. Very cool, more an honor than desecration. Obviously this person knew where the cemetary was and went there with the chalk with the sole purpose of allowing others like myself to read what these people's family had engraved 157 years ago.
After the cemetary field trip we found a foundation for an old house and checked that out a bit. Then we procedd to finish the trail. Well ma nature had other plans the last 1-2 miles were a sheet of ice. I was a little full of myself and was cruising when the front wheel started to slip. Next thing I know my right foot is sliding on the ice while my left foot is clipped in and left hand is still holding the bars as the bike is sliding out to the left. it had to like like some weird rodeo act. Boom, then i hit the ice. No biggie.
We turned at that point. Nancy went down right in front of me. I some how managed to unclip both feet and jump off backwards. I am skidding on my feet with my belly resting on my saddle as i skid past a downed nancy. Not sweet and sweet at the same time. We finish off the ride at 3 hours, then I refuel i head back out for the infamous Tower climb. I am sure people know i am not a big fan of the big climb. Add to that i am running a single front set-up of a 36. Nice. Twenty-five minutes later I crest the mountain. Low speed was 3mph, top pitch was 20% for 200 meters on soft dirt, three seperate times. Yeah, that was pleasant. Finally cross the VERY soft ground on the ridge top and finish the trail off. 4.5 hours later, I felt pretty decent, yet pretty cracked.
Poor CSS text's that she is illin', bummer. I tell you, more mental toughness in her than I can ever imagine me possessing, no shit.
Too tired to even gorge at home. I guess that is good. More fun to progressively eat for hours anyhow.
Got a sweet message from Spanky, Flyin' & Killa late last night. Friggin' hilarious. The best part is not Spanky's diatribe, but the Killa's rationalization that his act of love is actually acceptable in this day and age.
New team bikes are in, at least the 29er and cross steed. Oh baby, oh baby, all Cannondale all the time.
What a good day.
Even knowing that i am sharing a work lunch function with my oh so fave bag o rocks on Tuesday can not bring me down.
I wonder what Kamallah the Ugandan Giant is doing right now?

No comments: