Friday, March 14, 2008

Now I am pissed!

The principle is economic stimulus, not I want $600. Keep that in mind. It is a macro concept.
This is not about the money. Those who know me well enough know it not about money. Has not been for the past 10+ years. It is all about the principle and good sound fiscal logic to create the supposed "stimulus". That being said this economic stimulus plan is pure politico opportunist bunk!
If you want to stimulate the economy you need to make sure the money goes to people who will spend it to actually, dare I say it, stimulate the economy! So much of this "stimulus" will go to reducing personal debt, or sheer life necessities. Under that concept, basically the US is creating state debt to pay for personal debt. WTF!
I know this may sound greedy. Trust me it is not. I will still spend the same way, regardless of $600. The concept is just horseshit and shortsighted. Basically it is Bush trying to save face near the end of his term. How quaint. In reality all he has done is saddled more debt on the government and incoming regime. If you do not have disposable income, $600 surely is not going to create disposable income. I would venture to guess the money doled out will be used to pay to live. Groceries, gas, credit card debt, etc... So little retail goods will be purchased. Good strategery, Dub Ya. Makes me feel better I renounced any and all political party affiliation. GDI baby!
Whatever?!?! You want pure stimulus? Give cash to everyone, especially those who will spend it on the intended purpose. I love it. I pay more taxes, and I get no stimulus. I am fine with paying more. I just do not feel I should be disproportionately taxed, or conversely disproportionately shafted on a benefit. My back is getting a little sore from carrying dead weight.
How much does a pound of flesh go for these days?
Flame away. However, you better have your ducks in a row if you choose.
Grrrr pandering makes me angry.

No comments: