Saturday, March 08, 2008

True to my word

I said I could feel a multi-post day, so here it is. I also wrote earlier of the little things that I will hopefully accomplish that will make me happy.
So here goes a pretty lazy day with little bits o' pleasure for good measure.
Got up earlier for coffee.
EASY trainer ride. Hung with McDaniel for a couple hours loading the MAC equipment and having lunch.
Cleaned 1 car side of garage and made that the firewood, lawncare central.
Cleaned other side for all bikes, all the time.
Watched Rounders again. Tommy KGB is pure Malkovich genius. Edward Norton is also top notch.
Grocery shopping w/ the iPod. My Morning Song, Soul Singing, Sometimes Salvation, Miracle to Me. All live, definitely a sweet shopping trip. I think I noticed that a good mood makes you buy more. $205 later I was still Soul Singing. Try it sometime, mouth the words to yourself. You can not help being happy. Funny watching others look at you as if you had three heads.
Fort Collins Brewery Retro Red. I think I could handle living in Fort Collins.
Ditching the Derby, too windy. Yes that makes me happy. Chill 4-5 on the MTB with the Adams family.
So there it is. I could look back and say that I did not "do" a lot. Yet all the little things made me happy.
Bought a cool card tonight. I like cards, and really try to make the words equal my thoughts and feelings. No gratuitous card giving from me. A few people know my proclivity for being a pretty decent good card giver. Hopefully my written word will match the card. Oh yeah, if you have ever received a card with written word, then you know exactly where you stand. I do not "glad hand" my feelings to anyone.
I guess that is an upside to being very opinionated and wearing your heart on your sleeve, people should know just where they stand with me.

Top cards ever given.
1) The Williams at the first Christmas
2) My mom on Father's Day. Yes father's day, think it through.
3) Early cards to the ex
4) 1st b-day card to D & E on H's b-day

Interestingly enough, I do not keep cards.
Seven days until the first bike game. Can you feel the anticipation?
I wonder what Torrey Marks is doing right now?

No comments: