Sunday, March 16, 2008

Now that was a full day

Not 36 hours in a cab mind you, but long, fun and tiring nonetheless.
5:30 get up and do party prep work.
10:00 greet Ry & Sunshine and get ready for our ride
10:30 Ride four hours on a gorgeous day
2:00 End up at St. Patty's day parade in H-burg. Watch that for a bit.
2:15 See New Adventures of old A with the Satan Sisters. Can not even say hello to Sisters since Old A's new adventure is there. I thought he may be uncomfortable. How noble of me.
2:30 Ride last 30 minutes home
2:50 Have the funniest Paul & Phil commentary with Ry on the last climb
3:15 Cook burgers on the grill for Ry & Sunshine
3:16 Start drinking
5:00 Chamois time is still training time. Get cleaned up and go to El Rodeo /w Sunshine to pick up food, ice, and yes more MARSHMALLOWS.
6:30 Make up for not drinking the last hour
7:00 Eat, drink, be merry
8:00 Start Monty Python playing on the neighbor's house. It was great watching it and going through the lines with no sound.
9:00 Keep drinking, get the picture? I learned that in a pinch you can use four cases of samples, an old door, two nitrogen insert dispensers from Guiness cans and come up with a killer beer pong set-up
10:00 See 9:00 With the added benefit of watching almost all of my cycling helmets, ski goggles, rain gear, helmet cases etc... end up being worn by party guests. There are some good pics somewhere
10:30 Have another epic marshmallow war. This may end up a party tradition
11:00 Decide that I should wear my TT helmet the rest of the night to be more aero and drink faster. I think it worked
11:30 Got my ass handed to me not once but twice, in beer pong, by a sloppy drunk Leprechaun. Yes, a full-on Leprechaun
12:00 Turns out the hot tub heater sensor fixed itself. Decide to get in the hot tub. Forgot that I had Sportsbalm after-ride lotion on my legs. That was quite unpleasantly hot.
12:30 Get dry and drink some more.
1:30 Finally decide to call it a night

Paid the price today. Tired, lethargic, dehydrated, blah blah blah. The sudden boom and brief darkness today at 3:45 was the sound of my body blowing up and the lights going out as I made the turn onto the final climb of my ride.
Good times, good friends. Thanks everyone.

No comments: