Wednesday, March 05, 2008

The power & the passion, or the ride is always easier on someone else's coattails

After a little sitemeter analyzing I have come to a conclusion. As much as I hate to say it, Douchebag Cyclist looks to be the winner in the which blog has the pull contest.
After a mention on Douchies blog, for my love of a certain retail establishment, the peeps flocking to see who penned the manifesto increased tremendously. Then after professing my disgust for yet another solo 4 hr slog in the wind, Blacklane dropped a link for this dribble.
After a quick consult to sitemeter it has been determined that Doucheblog pulls/steers the traffic better than BlackLane. I am not sure if I am surprised or not. Both are quality bloggers, with a loyal fanbase. I figured it would be a push. Douchie the Blogger popped 30% more daily hits.
So I guess the moral is this. If you want to go Blogtime on us, get a mention on one of the two aforemetioned sites. Second, it proves the old adage, "it is not what you know, but who you know." Based on that little tidbit, I am not quite sure how I can parlay that association into any redeeming benefit?
Hopefully I can live up to such a high standard of literary excellence.

No comments: