Friday, March 28, 2008

Bike Game ott eight

On the eve of The ott eight Bike Game, the Benyou Hostel is settling in and down for the start of the new gaming season.
This year's seasonal starter looks to be a baptism by fire. 90ish riders on a tight 7 mile loop with big teams representing. I predict the pain cave will be open for visitors after about 30 seconds. I also predict there will be more than a few flashlights going out in the pain cave after about thirty minutes. Two laps of eight in the books, 40 out of 90 riders in their cars. Yeah boys and girls this will be nervy. Hopefully not, I want to quit racing my bike forever Branchbrook nervy.
Another season starts, twenty-one years after the first official season I feel better than ever. We will see if long hard mtb tempo translates into fast jumpy road fitness.
The best part is; no matter what happens tomorrow, even a cataclysmic perfect storm dropping a, chortle, snort, giggle, bah hah hah, win in my lap would be better than my last couple days.
Yep, I think I may have that pesky priority thing under better control.
I wonder what Len McDonald & Gerald Soltis are doing these days?

No comments: