Saturday, March 01, 2008

Tall times & F U signs

I rode over to the Faulkner Honda Racing group ride today, and for the third of the last four attempts, they were a no show. WTF man. Carney is one of the hardest dudes out there, the boys in baby blue need to take a lesson.
On the way over to the "ride" Iwas cruising through 2nd to 6th St route. I love "city" riding. I bet cruising Philly, Balt, DC, on the way to a group ride would be tres cool. Back to the title. Today was a fenderific morning so I had no problem riding through the slush, well to the right of traffic. The I heard the shrill sound of someone's horn way in the distance. Now, it was not an ambulance, I could tell that. However the warning blast was pretty similar in time notification. I turn a bit and see a Dodge Coltish car about 150 yards away. Yes, that far. They are on the horn and still approaching. OK, thanks, I got it. You are coming & I am a bicycle. No worries. They are still on the horn, so I turn again and now they are closing and staying pretty far right for my taste. Before I can even show them the Dodge Colt is #1. The 75ish year old lady passenger shows me that I am number one in her book. Wow, that is awesome. I am buzzed and flipped off by a Blue Hair Grandma. Unreal.
On with the ride. Lots of time into a strong headwind. Lots of time to think about life, relationships, etc... Thankfully a little more clarity came later in the day. Crazy last week, some really good, some really stressful. All really fast.
Thankfully the ride ended with a few 34mph flat, fast rock star tailwind sections. Double thankfully my chain decided to stay on the 12 just long enough to end the 40mph sprint. As soon as I stopped pedaling said chain lodged itself between the cog and dropout. That would have been pretty much a face changing rearranging experience.
Tall times, well not so much for me, but for a lot of the other Black Crowes fans who get to experience the show tomorrow night at the Starland. This show should be cool. We will be the first people to hear the new album, Warpaint, in its entirity. Definitely looking forward to this gig. Taking K-Mad's dad, maybe he can get a Tall Times onesy. Good luck explaining that one away.
The shop was been wicked fun lately. Laughed my ass off for an hour the other night. Kylie is not so fragile, so I can rag him again. Super Seve Service has had one awesome story after another.
So when times are getting heavy on you, just remember to sit light.

No comments: