Thursday, March 06, 2008

That kind of takes all the fun out of it?

Yeah, it pretty much does doesn't it?
The title was a friend's reply when I tried to explain training with a PowerTap and all the charts, graphs, bells and whistles. I could do nothing but agree. Then I went out and did some intervals at a prescibed wattage.
Today was the last big meeting that relates to the present blog poll. It seems that the poll is a moot point. No dice on the killer trainer roll. I am not too bummed for a few reasons.
The new compound has some FDA concerns and may not even get approved.
I have a LOT of time right now, with a flexible work schedule.
The pay is no better.
A sales realignment is imminenet so that should solve some things.
A have no permanent manager to report to.
I have a great interim manager who is objective about things and is supporting me for a different promotion.
I saw and heard again today how generally unsatisfied associates and managers are withing the Colonel's army.
Training time.
Possible travel time.
Greater race schedule flexibility.

Deep down I have never been one to really seek out the limelight and prestige of things. Do not get me wrong. I strive to be successful, and work hard and/or efficiently to meet that end. If good things happened, then so be it. It has never been about money. It may make things easier, but it will not make you happier. It has never been about being the next big thing. There is another Next Big Thing, who has an even lower price for their soul, standing right behind you.
I want to do what feels right to me. I want to make myself and those around me happy, not necessarily in that order. Some may get it, some may not. No one has to understand or agree, only respect the position that I take.

Lot of people come to me to talk about things try to tell me all that is wrong in my life
They give me all of their opinions and their strongly held convictions and all of them sure that their right
Bulletproof; courtesy of Stiff Little Fingers, And Best of All: Hope Street 1999
Bee you double ell ee tee pee are double oh eff

I wonder if boo boo belly is better now? Hope so.
Someone is due for an effin freight train load of good karma to pull in to their station.

Listen to your mind and follow your heart.

2 comments:

Soupie! said...

don't believe them, don't get bitten twice!

Anonymous said...

Youth and riding well through hours and hours of training is only temporary -- you are going to age someday and will want to tap into that wealth you earned through your promotion. Take the promotion - its permanent and you'll thank yourself 20 years from now. Don't take it? you may ask yourself why you didn't when your smaller nest egg doesn't seem to go far enough.