Tuesday, March 11, 2008

I can not tell you when...

...I have felt this good.
So many things are going really well right now. It is like I am finally getting some sort of karma redemption. Work, for as generally unrewarding as it is, is going pretty well. Another peer award the other day. Seven of the last nine over the past two plus years. That has to be worth something? Hopefully with an interim manager who is totally supportive will parlay this into something good in the Fall. The old manager definitely helped with the recent raise. I get to see that on Friday, sweet. Thanks. Good meeting last night. Even better that Sapporo East made a Spicy Tuna roll and some Sashimi so I could treat CSS with a nice dinner, flowers and a card. All well received, yeah deep down I can be a romantic. Someone may disagree. Who knows. I am well past the caring point right now. CSS is doing some boarding in Tahoe this weekend. Shame she misses the party. Well, upon second thought maybe the party is not the most conducive place to meet the inner circle. Can you say drunken texting?
Riding is going well. Sez will like this, the POWER TAP does not lie. And it is talking some smack right now. I freakin' love riding a bike. CSS & I were talking about training last night, and riding in general. I just love riding a bike, there I said it twice. This winter has been some of the best I have ever done. JRA baby JRA. I can not wait to go on a ride with her. To share something that gives you so much pleasure with someone else who just gets it, man that will be fun.
Listened to Black Crowes Warpaint prolly 10-12 times through the past two days. Damn fine effort. Walk Believer Walk is even growing on me. Oh Josephine is top notch. For the non-Crowes believer, think real early bluesy Stones, Sticky Fingers vintage. Slowed down and and tight. Give it a listen.
Have you ever met someone that does so much good on a day to day basis in their career, and is so good at what they do? One thing in my life I have learned is to have a healthy dose of respect for those who excel at what they do. The neat thing in my life right now is that I am surrounded by so many people who are some of the absolute best at what they do professionally and for enjoyment. Every day I am thoroughly amazed at how good people can be, skillwise and as people. I could name names, but that would go against the grain. If you think I am referring to you, I probably am. Life is too short to surround yourself with people who do not fit this bill. Precisely why I let my work colleague share the lunch today. Not worth my time. My work colleague is also one of the people who are damn good at what they do.
I hope the people who read this know I am talking about them. This is also one of those times where I did wish someone read this drivel. At least I think she does not read it?
I wonder if Diggler is done being a sadsack yet?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"deep down I can be a romantic. Someone may disagree".....