Monday, March 17, 2008

Because I care...

Someone, and I am not sure who, once told me this: "If you are going to take the time to do something, why not do it to the best you possibly can. Do it well enough that you would sign your name to it."
I try, I really do. I put myself out there for people and things, and I try to care and give my best.
Maybe that is the whole problem? I truly care. I truly care what people think, even though I may say otherwise. I have some bizarre overabundance of empathy at times.
I care about my job.
I care about my family.
I care about my friends.
I care about past relationships.
I care about present relationships.
I care more about other people than I do myself. I am sure some will find that quite hard to believe.
I care about racing my bikes.

So that being said, I do not write this blog for anyone but me. There is no need to read into anything. If I am going to write about someone, they will know it. There will be no ambiguity as to the meaning of the post. I write this blog so I can have a release. I write this blog not because I think I am so special that eveyone should read it and aspire to this this life. I write it, because it is my life, and I care enough about "you" that I want to share it. It is not like I am getting rich and famous from doing this. Hell, I am probably skirting the fine line of general disaster because I am more open about my life, in this format, than in person.
Take the time to get to know me. I dare you.
You may be surprised, or you may not?

No comments: